Thursday, April 16, 2009

Miss Sophia is FIVE

Our birthday princess foiled my planned balloon extravaganza (I had wanted her to wake up to her own bedroom full of balloons) and insisted on sleeping in my bed the night before. Sooo, instead I tied a single balloon to her arm (and I checked on her often to make sure the string didn't pose a risk of strangulation) and filled the dining area with the rest. She was so tuckered out from a vigorous MyGym session the night before, she didn't even stir when I did it.

Baby girl was so thrilled with her little pink surprise, she came down the hallway with a big grin on her face, "Mom, I didn't know you put a balloon on me!"

She was even more thrilled to see what awaited her in the dining area.


That look is priceless!

Of course, Daddy's heart was breaking in Iraq since he couldn't be here to celebrate with his mini-me. He made sure to call so he could greet her and listen to her reaction to the e-card he sent her. L's always been so great with the children, always in tune to what appeals to them. In this case, he picked out a message that had a bunch of safari animals (Sophie is an animal freak) singing happy birthday. Here she is singing along after replaying it for the tenth time.

I also wrapped the present L picked out for her in brown mailing paper and marked it up like a real package. I left it outside earlier this morning. While L was on the phone, he asked her if the mailman had come to drop of his present for her. Turns out he did!

Next up, we had lunch with our friends at Applebee's. She was craving her favorite (two skewers of grilled shrimp).

She was thrilled when the staff presented her with an ice cream sundae and a loud happy birthday chant.
Next stop...girl time! This new place called Snip-its opened up and caters especially to young little girls. It is the cutest place! We opted for an updo and a mini manicure.

This place is genius! Every work station had a tv that played movies or video games to keep the kiddies occupied while their hair was getting taken care of. Here, Soph is watching Bambi and doesn't even notice the time going by.

Her hair done, here she is getting her nails manicured.

Pampering accomplished! Here is the after shot.

This stop was actually more of a treat for the mommas. Missus Hep and I strolled into the Red Mango Frozen Yogurt place next door and fell in love with their yogurt concoctions! PLUS, it was fat free! Can't beat that. It was so good, we went back for an after dinner repeat.

As I tucked in a tuckered out birthday girl to bed, I watched my now-five-year-old sleepily close her eyes and mumble, "Thanks for today, momma. It was the best ever."
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED.
I can't believe how fast it's all going by.

0 comments: