That's three sicks, for the three of us who are ridden with this crappy cold slash flu slash hand foot mouth disease. Waaaaah!
Earlier this week, Liv started the trend by surprising us with a lovely rash on the soles of her feet and the palms of her hands. Got her checked out...hand foot mouth disease. Two days later, the nose started to run...and run did it ever. With all that running, the fever jumped onboard as well. So in the last three days, I have probably logged in a total three or four hours of sleep. Ugh.
I don't give a * that it is a sign the body is fighting infection...fevers scare the crap out of me! I've already weathered Soph's bout with febrile seizures, I am deathly afraid Liv may take after her big sis and do the same. Bad thing with the little one, she REFUSES to take meds. The cocky docs think I'm exaggerating when I tell them about her antics, and insist it is a simple matter of shoving the medicine dispenser into the back of her mouth and squirting it in. SURE! It would work if she didn't lock her jaw down while she flailed her body every which way to escape my hold...and if she didn't sputter it out once the liquid got past her lips...and if she didn't have that uncanny ability to resist the reflex to blink and swallow when I blow on her face...and if she didn't give that heartwrenching, "Mommy, love you."...and if she didn't automatically puke if it ever got further than that.
Anyway, today Soph, jealous of all the attention being re-directed to her little sister, decided to become sick herself. She has a slight fever and a runny nose now. Fun.
To make things even more exciting, this morning, I felt the tickle in the back of my throat mushroom into a full blown stuffy headache and sore throat. My whole body aches. Wooohooo! Let's get the party started!
And as luck turns out, we were out of juice and Otter Pops...so I lugged all kiddos, my hair in a ridiculous state, snot smears all over my shirt (Liv's not mine), and trudged over to Walmart to grab necessities.
Thank goodness it's spring break and there's no carpool to do this week.
Sunday, April 5, 2009
SICK SICK SICK
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)









1 comments:
I'm soooo sorry that you are sick!! I'm planning on bring you dinner tomorrow night, don't argue with me I'm bringing you dinner!! Thank you for being such a great friend!! Seriously! We are done being sick! If the weather would just get on board!
Post a Comment