During a CC call yesterday at the guard base, I was already in the midst of my usual daydreaming stints while the announcer called us to order time and time again to read citations from the base commander awarding medals to individuals assigned to the wing.
In the peripheral of my attention, I heard the voice call out over the mic, "Staff Sergeant OhKoha, please step up to the stage."
I got a nudge from my co-worker, validating my suspicions that it was my name that just got massacred, and it was indeed I who needed to go stand up on the stage.
I stood there next to the presenting commander as my citation of award was read. 'For real? What the heck did I do? That calls for a medal? Really? That was just my job! Take the folder with the left hand, shake with the right, mouth a quiet thank you, salute, left face, walk off the stage.'
Anyway, apparently they hand these things out like candy, but it's a pretty thing to wear with the service dress uniform, so I'll take it. Yeay me!










2 comments:
Yeah, Yay You! Congratulations!
Good for you. You deserve it.
Post a Comment