I am a bookaholic. I can rip through three or four good sized books in a week. (Hence, the library card.) I'm also a techie. I love the latest and greatest shiny electronic gadgets. So it would make sense for me to go bonkers over the Kindle, yah?
I dunno.
See, I love the smell of books. You know what I mean. I love feeling the paper rub under my fingers when I turn to the next spellbinding page. I love having to find a place in my expanding bookcase for a new book I know I need to keep because I will get the urge to re-read it someday. There's a certain nostalgia involved with reading a hardcopy, isn't there?
But then again, wouldn't it be awesome to rid the need for booklights? Every single one I've ever had, the girls have stolen and used it as their own play flashlights. So, the poor hub has to resort to sleeping with the light on. And what about travel? How convenient would it be to have that skinny Kindle in my purse rather than a bulky novel that I would have to lug around. Plus, it's better for the environment...
Maybe I just want one because it's the newest thing around. Paging Becky Bloomwood! At $350, though...it would have to pass the "do i really need this?" test. I suppose it doesn't. BUT...so, Dad....my birthday is coming up...
What are your takes on this contraption? Yeay or Nay?










3 comments:
I totally could have written this myself. Im so back and forth on if I want one or not....Im the same way....I just LOVE cracking open a new book and making it "mine" but at the same time....all those books....in my purse.....sigh.
I'm pretty sure if I had Kindle and downloaded a book, read it and loved it, I would go back and buy the hard copy for my book shelf. Then, I would be into the books I buy for double the cost! I do love the 'no need for a booklight' bonus though.
yes, i need help with my blog. it's boring and not consistant. help! where do i start???
Post a Comment