Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Young Love

A week ago, Mister D announced he found a note on his desk when he arrived at school that morning. The note said:


Dylan, I LIKE YOU.
Of course, it was a big deal. Mister D has been crushing on this cute little blond girl since fifth grade, and the handwriting matches his love interest's. But, as of yet, he has decided not to "pursue" the opportunity.
It's so cute seeing his excitement about the whole situation and I'm so grateful he feels free to discuss his school experiences with Mister Och and I. He asks us what we think he should do and what his friends are saying to him. He tells us what he wants to do but is afraid to for fear of rejection. This has provided a window for Mister Och and I to discuss other topics with him such as peer pressure, drugs, and sex. Mister Och has taken it upon himself to teach our little man the proper way to treat ladies.
One of the things I was afraid of was trying to raise a pre-teen slash teenager without the proper communication lines established. This time right now, is a fairly good sign we are doing the right thing.

0 comments: