Monday, November 16, 2009

Thankful Still

Today, I am thankful for the health of my family. I have been an avid follower of blog stars Stephanie Nielsen of nienie dialogues and Stellan McKinley of Mckmama, two people who have struggled with great tragedy and have come out triumphant. Stephanie and her husband were severly burnt in a private plane crash. Stellan, is a darling one-year-old boy who has defied a death sentence from in utero and conquered SVT. I, myself, have successfully battled lymphoma, and can relate to the difficulties both physically and mentally a major illness can bring. I can't imagine constantly having to endure skin grafts and surgery, or worse, have my children shie away because they cannot recognize me from my burn scars. Or, fight to keep it together as I watch my child flatline in front of my eyes. I just can't.

This daily reading keeps me grounded and appreciative of what is important. We are all in generally good health. It is a great cause to celebrate everyday.

Oh, and my closet is immaculate (happy dance!). :-)

0 comments: