Monday, November 30, 2009

Wishing

Every year, the children's wish lists undergo numerous revisions both minor and major. It really depends on if they happen to view a new commercial featuring some must-have item. This year, our Miss Sophie is venturing outside the box. Ever since she figured the concept of a wish list, she had always opted for dinosaurs, fire trucks, and arts and crafts items. This year, it is out with the dinosaurs and in with....Barbie?!?!

This came as quite a surprise since she's never been a big fan of Barbie. In fact, the Barbie aisle often gets skipped altogether during visits to the toy section. But this year, she insists she MUST have one particular doll in order to keep living.
As a child, I wasn't much of a Barbie fan, either. I was more interested in Legos and Lincoln Logs. I had grand dreams of building castles and forts after all. I was always dissuaded from those choices, my mother always insisting the only thing she would purchase for me was a Barbie.

But yesterday, much to my delight, Miss Sophie expressed her longing for building materials since her creativity was significantly limited by our Jenga pieces. I don't know who was more excited to put Lincoln Logs on that list for her (or me?)


0 comments: