Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Still Runnin'

Okay, so I had mentioned previously how SO very looking forward to the cold weather and the hibernating slash relaxing slash slowing down will bring. Welllllll...the cold weather is here but it seems Fam Och is still going going going.

Last week, we somehow managed to survive a week of Hill's ORE (or for you non-military folk, operational readiness exercise). It's basically playing war on base. I'm sure you locals have either heard the loudspeaker attack warnings, or at the very least, the gazillion jet flyovers. Anyway, the hubster is always a main player in these things, and so he was once again assigned to twelve (really with in-processing, changeover, and out-processing it's really thirteen and a half) hour shifts, occasionally sucking rubber (donning gas mask) for an hour or two.

It just so happened during this cluster my back decided to give out while I was scrubbing those EVIIIIIIIL "washable" bath markers from the bathtub. As a result, Mister D missed both days of football practice. Annnnnd, I also had to work drill weekend at the guard base while Mister Och was still pretending to battle Koreans. (Koreans, really?) So D had to miss his game as well.
At least he got to enjoy a night with the Heps.

L's football season has come to an end with the team's loss at the semifinal round. Mister D's last two games are this Saturday. So it should be looking to calm down.

Although, the Mister's nads will be getting the ole snip snip this Friday, so I'll be sure to catering to my hubby and his achy nether parts over the weekend.

Next up will be finding a way to get a tkt for Liv's H1N1 booster.

0 comments: