Thursday, November 26, 2009

Turkey Day Success!

Despite running on only four hours of sleep (long story), the Mister and Missus teamed up to bring out a scrumptious Thanksgiving feast today!!! AND, might I add (shamelessly brag) everything and I mean everything was made from scratch!!!

Apple/Candied Walnut/Bleu Cheese/Spinach salad with Pomegranate Vinaigrette (yes, the pomegranate molasses was made from scratch, as well as the candied walnuts). TURKEY! Mashed potatoes and gravy. Corn and Edamame stir-fry. Classic stuffing. Cranberry dressing. Chocolate Cake. And the sum of all these...equals sleepy, happy, and bloated faces. :-)

Really, I can't think of a better day (except maybe Christmas morning when the children are opening presents). I am tired, yet serenely happy in this blissful contentment.

I hope all of you have had as glorious a Thanksgiving Day as Team Och has.

3 comments:

THe Hepworth's said...

Winnie, I'm dissappointed in you!! I slaved over your cheese cake, FROM SCRATCH and not even a mention,
JASON

Team Och said...

Ahem! Well, excuuuuuse me, Mister Hep. I purposely omitted mention of your delectable cheesecake as I believed it deserved a post of its very own. Ye of little faith! Who should be disappointed in whom? hehehe

THe Hepworth's said...

How dare I doubt you!!! Thank You for the weekend of fun! I will bring yo a cheesecake anytime you need one!!