Tuesday, August 4, 2009

UTANG Family Day

This last drill weekend wasn't as painful as usual. Saturday was Family Day for the Air National Guard. We not only could come in an hour later than usual, but we could also bring the fam AND leave an hour and a half early! I must admit, I wasn't expecting much from this shindig. I was pleasantly surprised to see the trouble the committee went through. There were half a dozen bounce house/slides for the kids, a bunch of food booths offering everything from hot dogs to snow cones to cotton candy, and a bunch of giveaway booths. There were also static displays of some aircraft (which was perfect since D was bummed he missed exploring the KC-135 at the air show this summer).

The KC-135, the UTANG's main aircraft. This is also the plane L's brother flies in as a boom operator (the refueling hose that connects for mid-air refueling).

Here's D taking the spot his Uncle Chris would take in the KC-135 when he's refueling.


Soph in a police helicopter.

D in war gear.

0 comments: