Monday, August 24, 2009

First Day of School!

Time sure does fly. I never thought the day would come when I would have a sixth grader AND a kindergartener! Now it is just me and baby Liv (and even now, she is SO over the baby stage) at home. Both Mister D and Soph have been anxiously awaiting this big day, and I'm happy to report it has turned out exceeding their expectations.
This was about the only picture my young man would let me take of him. Despite the hordes of families walking in together, he insisted I drop him off curbside instead. Too cool for mom already. Waaaaaaah!

Liv was just as excited about the big day, although I'm fairly certain she had no clue it would mean her big sis will be leaving without her. I was trying to snap a few pics of Soph in her outfit, but the adoring li'l sis insisted on being right there with her.

She mimicked everything Sophie did.


It drizzled a bit, but Sophie was happy to use that as an excuse to use her tiny umbrella.

Daddy made it a point to schedule a block of time from work to see his baby girl to school.

Here she is waiting for the rest of the class to come in.

Her hungry caterpillar crown.


I love this school and its pre-school and kindergarten exclusive playground.

2 comments:

KCB said...

Too cute, too cute! I love it. And this one got me a little teary...kids grow up way too fast!

Jewel Allen said...

Your kids are beautiful. I bet your youngest is excited about having you all to herself.

Have a great weekend!