Feather light tufts of mist hovered over Pineview Reservoir like a thin cotton candy blanket as we drove back to Eden early this morning. The sun had just crested over the mountain range when we arrived at the makeshift parking lot by the designated field for the annual Ogden Valley Hot Air Balloon Festival, but the area was already teaming with visitors.
This was our first time at this event, although I had been yearning to attend for the past three years. We finally made it, forcing the pre-dawn wakeup and braving the frosty weather. Let me tell you, it was well worth it.
Sunday, August 16, 2009
Up and Away
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)









3 comments:
Looks like you had a blast!! Next year we will have to get a place up there and watch them with you!!
Miz B, you and your aversion to early wake-up calls. What do u mean get a place next year? LOL
Seriously, I knew you guys were beat from your nightmare close encounter with severe weather, so we thought it best to let you enjoy your sleep this morning. Def next year!
Beautiful pics! The Hot Air Balloon fest here in IL is this weekend and I plan on "dragging" the fam out to see it. I hope our experience is as enjoyable as yours was. :) Thanks for sharing!
Post a Comment