Anyone who appreciates a good pastry NEEDS to check this place out! On 500 South, right across from the library downtown, this little gem is waiting to blow your mind with its scrumptious creations!
I first read about this in Salt Lake Magazine. After visiting its website (click here), I also learned that it had been featured on Food Network. Of course, I had to see what the big deal was about!
They are famous for the kouing aman (pronounced 'queen ah-mahn'), a pastry originating from Brittany that has a sweet crispy caramelized crust and a soft gooey center. Customers love it so much, there is a half-dozen daily purchase limit unless you pre-order at least 24 hours in advance. They are a bit pricey...$4.95 each...but after tasting it, I would be willing to pay twenty bucks a pop if need be. You MUST try this!
The pastry chef who owns the place makes a huge variety of confections and pastries, even her own fruit gelee squares. Another favorite are the French macarons (not the coconuty things we're all used to). Try the pistachio or lemon ones....YUMMMMM!It's open Monday through Saturday, closing at 6pm.









0 comments:
Post a Comment