Inspired by the Julie/Julia project in which blogger Julie Powell strives to complete all recipe's from Julia Child's cookbook (hilarious read, btw), I am adding another project to my monstrous to-do list. Although instead of whipping up Julia's French food, I will be digging down to my roots and learning to cook authentic Filipino dishes from scratch.
I ran across this wonderful cookbook at the B&N the other day. It took me completely by surprise since I have been searching for a decent Filipino cookbook for AGES! All I've ever stumbled upon were basic black and white text-only books...and as you all know...I am a VISUAL person. I refuse to slave over a hot stove without knowing what it's supposed to look like! This book, Memories of Philippine Kitchens, not only contains a treasure trove of the scrumptious food I grew up with, it provides a visual feast of artistically choreographed images of all foods Filipino.
And so, with this book, I will attempt to cook at least one dish per week. I will share the recipe on this blog and a (hopefully appetizing) picture of the finished product. If you ever get the urge to try the dish yourself, please leave me a comment to tell me how it turned out! Wish me luck!
Monday, August 3, 2009
New Endeavor
Posted by
Team Och
at
2:55 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)









2 comments:
Or, if you need some guinnea pigs (spelling?) to be taste testers, you know where we live. ;)
Give us a call you know my kids, THEY'll try EVERYTHING!!
Post a Comment