Monday, May 24, 2010

It is DONE

Check it out, peeps! The Mister and I put THIS up! Can you believe it? We had purchased all the materials for it from a list we improvised off others found through Google. There were a couple adjustments and last minute plan changes we had to make plus two Home Depot runs. Also, we discovered the power drill battery refused to keep juice and so we had to rely on the neighbors' to continue with the drilling.

It took a day and a half since Saturday rained on and off and, frankly, keeping those posts plumb in the wind was a b!tch. A friend came over to help Sunday. Just in time, too, 'cause I had reached that point that all I wanted to do was anything OTHER than screwing those things up.

We are excited to start using it like we had always planned when we initially requested the deck built along with the construction of the home. It's finally here. Now if only it would stop raining...

4 comments:

Jill said...

I am so impressed! Kels and I can't seem to do anything without a minimum of four or five Home Depot runs! It is absolutely gorgeous. You guys are amazing!

Team Och said...

Thanks, Jill!!! If you guys decide to put one up, we'll be there to help!

Ortega Family said...

It looks awesome! Good job. You have inspired me. There I was thinking that planting a tree this weekend would be a huge accomplishment. =)

Team Och said...

@Lisa, that's where it all starts: planting a tree. Suddenly afterwards, the grand plans start churning in your head and there's no turning back from there! Our first "big" project was planting that now humongous weeping willow out back. :-)