Thursday, May 20, 2010

Biggest Project Yet

THIS is what we'll be doing this weekend. Come rain or shine (forecast predicts rain) it will be going up. The lumber is sitting in the garage, ready for me to roll my sleeves up and stain the suckers the same color as the deck.

This is, by far, our most ambitious project yet. It looks simple enough, but it is still intimidating. So intimidating, in fact, that it took us five years of going back and forth on it before actually committing to it.

We were told because it is just being bolted to the deck and not the house itself that it doesn't need a permit. So that is one step done at least.

Wish us luck...and if you are around on Saturday, you can stop by and lend some muscle to lift these babies up on the beams. :-)

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Your yard is going to be a dream!! Brett will be gone Saturday, or I would volunteer him to help!

Ortega Family said...

I can't wait to see pictures Winnie! I'm just catching up on all of your blogs, great reads!