Friday, May 7, 2010

Determined

Throughout the years, the Mister and I would sit in front of the telly and remark about those who are in the show "Designed to Sell". We would poke fun and wonder why these people waited until the very last minute to improve on their homes only to turn it over to a new resident. Well, the tables have turned, and the impending move in the next twelve months have shifted Fam Och into a new gear which up until this point had remained unbeknownst to us.

Lately, we have obsessed over the landscaping aspect of our home. The Mister and I had grand plans from the very start. We were going to install a pergola here....flowerbeds here...playground area there...pondless waterfall in the other corner...But eventual disinterest, more probably incensed by the sweltering heat of a Utah summer and continually shrinking funds, would set in and work so enthusiastically taken on in the cool promise of spring would lie unfinished until the following year's tulips emerge again. It was an ugly cycle, and our backyard has suffered the brunt of the abuse.

Yes, it may be late. And we are officially THAT couple who waited until the last inning to finally buck it up and finish what we started. I'm very excited to say it is almost done! Not in the strategical theoretical work in progress almost done. I mean come-this-Tuesday-EVERYTHING-will-be-DONE done!

We've had to hire outside help for the hard labor (my back hasn't been up to snuff lately) but the Mister and I have done all the planning and finishing work. The time has finally come for the Fam Och household to host the backyard BBQ! Finished pics very soon!

0 comments: