Monday, April 12, 2010

Jetting Blue


So I've mentioned previously that Fam Och are officially JetBlue fans! What a lovely airline!
I know how air travel can be such a nightmare nowadays and how everything is being nickle and dimed for the customers. Well, here's one, alongside Southwest Air, that seems to be customer oriented still. I did my research on this one (as always) since the Mister and I wanted air trans that will only get us where we want to go at the most cost effective price tage, but also one that will make this fam vacay as enjoyable as possible for the little nuggets.
The airfare was a bit steeper (30 buck diff or so?) compared to the other air giants...at first glance. And I say this why? Because when I figured the cost of check-in luggage at $35 a pop for each member of the fam for a round trip, I about lost it! Jet Blue does NOT charge for the first check in baggage!!!! After doing the complete price comparison (luggage fees included for the other airfare) Jet Blue won out hands down.
See that picture above? This isn't only on select aircraft like Northwest or Delta....each and every aircraft on the JetBlue fleet have each and every seat with its own personal TV. It is not one major showing of a newish blockbuster hit that may be inappropriate for innocent eyes. It is DIRECTV!!!! 36 channels of it!!! For not additional costs!!! We brought our own headphones and each member of the fam personally chose their selection for their own viewing pleasure. The girls watched Nickelodeon and Cartoon Network, the boys chose to watch the Lakers vs Nuggets basketball game on ESPN, and I enjoyed learning to cook an artichoke on Food Network.
Another great thing...I love their seats. Leather seats! Oh the joy I felt as I ran antibacterial wipes over these babies! I always felt so icky sitting down in fabric airplane seating.
And the snacks! They are FREE and UNLIMITED! Yes, that is right, if that bag of whatever you chose to munch on didn't quite hit the spot, you may have another....and another...and another...until the flight is over. The snack selection is superb...animal crackers, trail mix (not chex, Miz B), Terra Blue Potato Chips (my fave), chocolate chip cookies, and a whole bunch of others I didn't get to try.
We did not experience any delays, although we were expecting and ready for any. (Doesn't it seem every flight is late anyways?) The staff were AWESOME! They were friendly and funny and always always helpful. Hows that for service?
Really, (again this is not a paid advert) this is the way to go. My kids loved the flight. No snags, no crying, no nothing I was afraid to encounter. Jet Blue Jet Blue Jet Blue!

0 comments: