I was obsessed with finding the right materials to purchase and stash away in our carry on to keep the girls busy and tantrum-free. I had these small sticker activity books I found at Cracker Barrel for .99 each and magnetic play scenes from B&N (not so great...and heavy). The thing that kept the girls focused was a pack of pipe cleaners I found at a craft store. They weighed next to nothing, and they were cheap and plentiful.
We shaped them to create their names and favorite animals. And when the boys seated in front of us (who obviously needed sedation) started their pre-show of destruction, Miss Sophie came to the rescue, whipped up a bouquet of pipe cleaner hearts and had the monsters mesmerized by the power of bendable crafts. Her offer ignited a calm friendship that I am certain the rest of the cabin appreciated.
Hooray for pipe cleaners!
Monday, April 12, 2010
Flying with Children
Posted by
Team Och
at
8:32 AM
Labels: Washington DC
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)









0 comments:
Post a Comment