Mister Och's flag football team plays in a field encircled by a track. Miss Sophie, brimming with pent up energy even after a playdate with her fave Liv-the-kid, tugged on my hand and said, "Mom, I want to run around the circle."
I gave her a little patronizing smirk, "Just stay on the inside lane," thinking she'd tire before she got to the halfway point.
I kept an eye on her as she steadily traversed the quarter-mile lap with her quick and tiny stride. Once she reached me, I scooped her up and gave her the requisite celebratory lovin' and high fives.
She beamed at me, "I'm gonna do it again! That was fun!" And off she went.
Total, she ran a half mile, which in my opinion is more like three considering her miniature stature. I think she would have gone another had it not been for the ending whistle of the game.
I think we have a runner in our hands. :-)
Thursday, October 1, 2009
Running
Posted by
Team Och
at
8:15 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)









0 comments:
Post a Comment