It's been one heck of a crazy week! Of course, it started off with Sophie giving me a little "does she have the swine flu" scare. Thank goodness, the fever didn't climb higher than 100.8. Although, I made her miss school Monday through Wednesday just in case. I would have let her stay home all week, but it was Red Ribbon Week at school and Thursday was Crazy Hair Day.
She had been looking forward to this day for a year now, ever since Mister D styled his 'do into a modified bright orange mohawk last year. Because her hair is so dark, we had to spray it white before attempting with the pink. Below are the results. Apparently, Miss Soph's demeanor coincides with her hairstyle at the moment...so she felt free to be the most obnoxious five year old that day.
Flag football season is here, both for Mister Och and Mister D. Och has games on Tuesdays and Thursdays, with D practicing with his team on the same days. This Wednesday, team pics were taken in the evening. I swear, I don't think we got home until after seven pm all week. Today, Mister D scored yet another touchdown. He was armed with his new cleats that gave him better traction on the wet grass...and boy, did that kid run like the wind! He ran the WHOLE length of the field to score at the end zone. They won...they are now 2-1.
My bulbs came in this week as well. I got tired of the ones I had so I ordered new tulip bulbs (this time it will be red) and new daffodils. I finally convinced Mister Och to give the hideous grass one last trim for the year while I cleaned up for winter and set those bulbs in the ground.
We were planning to go to the pumpkin patch today, but it was drizzly. I didn't want to risk getting caught in a downpour during the hayride, so we pulled into a youth group fundraiser pumpkin sale instead and selected a few from there.
I found the template for this carving online. It's actually a smaller pumpkin carved into a vulture and painted, set inside a larger pumpkin carved as a birdcage. Ain't it neat? I have three more to carve tomorrow into a little haunted village with witches and bats flying around. I love it!
Anyway, I suppose I'm up late enough. I just finished a late paper and turned it in to school...I figured if I don't force myself to do it now, I'll never end up doing it at all.









0 comments:
Post a Comment