Friday, October 9, 2009

iPod for Kids


I have an iTouch that I barely use because it gets me in too many near accidents when I try to skip to the next song while driving (YIKES!) Besides, I'm fairly certain it has a flaw in the battery or something that will make me pay up the wazoo to get it fixed at the Apple store. Instead, I listen to my nano with the dependable no-looking-required click wheel. I've been feeling guilty of late that the iTouch, a gift from daddy dearest, has been sitting unused...until last night...

I was perusing the cyber aisles of the iTunes app store and found kid games! Genius! I downloaded a total of ten apps, all of which Sophie and Liv both LOVED! Sophie's been asking for a Nintendo DS (partly I think because cousin Maddy has one) but I've refused because 1) the cost of the hardware 2) I think most of the games are above her age level. These games, however are perfect for her...she doodles with the Crayola doodle app, plays a matching game with safari animals, and manipulates characters in the fun Wheels on the Bus app...and I don't have to buy anything new.

Now the new problem is keeping the girls from fighting over it...

0 comments: