A good friend of mine (Hey, C!), after viewing this website told me how "interesting" it was that we used the term "team" in reference to our family, and that it did make sense after some thought on the subject. Funny, I guess I never gave the concept a second thought. There are those who can bring out the worst in each other. In our case, L and I always epitomized the best of ourselves when we are together. There were many, my bff's among them, especially in the development of our relationship who seriously doubted what I was getting myself into.
My fave gal from basic training and tech school, Ms. Jessi introduced me to a good friend of hers during one of my visits to FWB. At the time, I was in the midst of some pretty serious life issues and wasn't the least bit interested in anyone at all. I won't go into any of the sordid details...lest my children ever find this blog in the future...but we parted ways never expecting to see each other again.
A couple months later, L contacted me through what I thought was a pretty rude e-mail from Osan AB, but it sparked my interest nonetheless. And as L loves to explain it: "Phone calls every other day turned into every day turned into twice a day, and sometimes even more."
Those phone calls about nothing and everything became the highlight of my day; and it seemed everything else I did became filler for the times in between. Long story short, despite the "Are you crazy?!?!?!"'s from my concerned friends, six years later, we are still going strong.
Don't get me wrong, there are moments I want to strangle the man, and I'm certain there are times he wishes I had a mute button...marriage is damn hard work, and there are times we feel like we are working overtime without compensation...but there has never been a time when we ever considered not fighting for "us."
And why wouldn't we? We are the best TEAM I have ever known. He compensates for my numerous shortcomings, and I for his. There is this balance we reach. He is the calm when I want to rage...example:
Me: *something mean and insulting*
L: Why do you want to say such hurtful things?
Me: *Placated and stunned* Ummm...sorry.
Anyway, so that is why it is Team Ochoa. There really is no other way to build a life together but as a team. *sigh* Is it so obvious I miss my hub?
Wednesday, July 30, 2008
"TEAM"
Posted by
Team Och
at
7:50 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)









0 comments:
Post a Comment