Even while I was still in active duty, TDY's were hard to come by in my career field. L's, however, is chock full of opportunities to travel for a week or two. These next two weeks are one of those "opportunities." L left for Vegas two days ago, and I, as dependent wife, have slipped in once again into my role as the single mother. Part-time as it may be, this job position is not one I relish.
Already, I am repeatedly peeking out the window as the weeds slowly engulf the space we used to call our backyard. I have no motivation to cook, clean, do homework...NOTHING...except surf the Internet.
I did, however, manage to start up Sophie-So on my version of pre-school lessons again. That girl is so darn smart. I was relieved to find her attentive and eager to learn.
Which leads me to a dilemma I am having: To pre-school or not to pre-school. I have had many conversations about the subject, but yet remain undecided. Studies show pre-school lessons are NOT required to be successfull in kindergarten. As tight as the wallet is at the moment, that fact is quite a relief since pre-schools charge up to a C-note per month.
Yet, I want Sophie to be involved and learning. Currently at home, we have art days, crafting activities, and "lessons" on the alphabet, numbers, colors, shapes, etc. Is that enough? Or do official pre-schools offer more than that? Soph gets to socialize with the neighborhood kids almost every day, so is there anything she will be missing out on by not going to pre-school? Any input on the matter is appreciated.
Monday, July 21, 2008
Part-time Single Mom
Posted by
Team Och
at
1:26 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)









0 comments:
Post a Comment