Sunday, July 27, 2008

Still Daddy's Girl

Funny, how when we were younger we try our darndest to establish independence from our parents. And even when we have grown and are raising our own respective families, there is still that innate desire to demonstrate your "adulthood" when they come to visit.
With L gone to Vegas on a business trip (he's swinging away at Nellis on an unlimited golf day pass--SO hard at work!), I couldn't bring myself to ignore the jungle of my backyard and so I decided to mow it.
In the midst of my pushing the giant orange machine down the lawn, here comes my dad (both he and mom are here for a bit), demanding for me to stop.

Dad: Turn it off.
Me: Huh?
Dad: That's bad for your back.
Me: It's self-propelled.
Dad: I'll do it tomorrow. Turn it off.

My relationship with my father was always a tumultuous one, most probably due to my inability to keep my opinions to myself. And so after everything, despite the need to prove my capability to run the household by myself, it was still a heart-warming thing to know I am still my daddy's girl.*sigh*

0 comments: