Wednesday, November 17, 2010

First Field Trip

She didn't quite understand the concept of a field trip, this being her first one. So when we turned down a different road on what she knew as her ride to school, Liv pitched a fit like no other, insisting I turn the car around as we were going the wrong way! Not until she spotted her teacher and BFF J at the entrance of the pumpkin patch did she comprehend it was a "special school day."

The kids were allowed free time to play amongst the different playgrounds in the courtyard and pet the farm animals in their petting farm area.

The tractor ride took us to a patch filled especially with teeny pumpkins like this one. Liv spotted hers right away, stepping into the field several feet and zoning in on a bright orange one.
We didn't stay long. I'd like to say it's because she would have been bored anyway, but really, I chose to wear a hoodie that day and I was starting to sweat buckets. But, all in all, it was an excellent first field trip and a perfect way to bid farewell to the autumn season.

0 comments: