Thursday, December 9, 2010

Movin' On Out

Smack dab in the middle of the military PCS (permanent change of station) process, I find myself conflicted (what's new?) whether to feel excited or sad. Having been through this enough times, I am fully aware it is pointless to try and settle for one emotion, as it is just impossible. I think of the possibilities of this new adventure to Alaska and become overcome with the desire to jump up and do a ridiculously goofy happy dance. And then I look at this home I built with my family that is slowly looking bare as a result from the "minimizing and decluttering" process, and I get all sentimental. It's a seesaw thing. I swear this move is making me bipolar.



Anyway, practically 45 days out from PCS, the Mister and I have realized we are slightly ahead of schedule. It was my goal from the onset of notification that we would not be the family running around at the last minute stressing over issues that have not been taken care of. Organization is the key! So, it's nice to know it has paid off. We are taken care of, and during this holiday season, the fam can actually kick our feet up and relax without nagging worries of unpreparedness.



Happy Holidays, everyone!

0 comments: