Monday, February 1, 2010

#76 of 101


#76 of my 101 goals in 1001 days is to take the children sledding.
Mister Och and I have adamantly promised ourselves to take the children sledding each winter for the past few years. Sadly, there was always some reason we couldn't make it. But because this year is a brand new start to accomplishing our goals, we decided there was no better time.
Although the conditions for proper sledding weren't ideal (it was sunny and the snow was starting to slush up and melt), we trekked down to the hills on base to try out the sleds the kids got from Santa this Christmas.

Unfortunately, for Little Liv, she was asleep yet again when we got ready to play, and she stayed that way until the last minute we decided to call it a day.
Miss Soph was fearless as she sped down the slope again and again. Mister D had a great time as well, regardless of his constant complaints that the snow was too slushy.
So there's one to cross off the list!

2 comments:

KCB said...

Super FUN! I was hoping to take Charlee and my niece sledding this year but with my belly bump, everyone's been telling me to try for next year instead. :P

And great pics! What camera do you use?

Team Och said...

KCB, I only use the basic DSLR Nikon D40 (I was too intimidated by higher models). Anything I want to tweak I do post-picture thru Photoshop Elements.
U should try the sledding thing and just leave it to the kids to the actual sledding. I just waited at the bottom of the hill to make sure they stop when they need to. :-)