Saturday, February 27, 2010

#69 of 101

Buy top quality pots and pans.
It only took about a year! I've been salivating over this Calphalon Unison Slide and Sear Cookware Set for AGES. It took my cheapy set to crack its handles and a new temp job to make the pocket not hurt so much. Whenever I fork over that much moolah for something, the sudden loss of funds hurts my feelings somewhat. The little frugal angel who sits on my shoulder usually pickets a purchase before I go through with it...but this time he couldn't stop me.
And so here are the new beauts who sit pretty in my kitchen...
I've given a review of this set previously. They are non-stick, with handles that won't crack or melt, AND dishwasher-safe. We've used it about twice since we got them yesterday...no oil, grease, spray needed. Nothing sticks to these babies.

And a great bonus....whenever you purchase over a certain amount...you are gifted with a gift of this pretty dutch oven/roaster deal...($250 value). Sweet!

I thought there would be a possibility I would regret it. But I am all-out giddy with this set. Great investment!

2 comments:

KCB said...

Nice! I'm in the market for new cooking set, too. I may have to take a look at these. :) I'm trying to stay "middle of the road," though. My parents bought me a *super nice* set when I graduated from college but with all the moves we've done, they've gotten banged up pretty badly. :( I promised The Mister I wouldn't splurge until after he retires...maybe in 10 years. Eeek.

Have fun in the kitchen with those, babies! They look FAB.

Team Och said...

Williams-Sonoma!!! Do it!!! With those shiny new oak leaves on his lapel, I would say you guys should be ok! LOL! Congrats, btw. You look gorgeous in all of your prego glory!!!