I've been putting this off all day. In truth, I have to admit I am intimidated about writing of this fantastic experience in the chance I cannot provide it true justice.
The deets: The mainstay attraction of the Mirage. We opted for the 9:30 pm show as it was less expensive...not by much, but every little bit counts in Vegas,doesn't it? Performed by a Cirque du Soleil troupe with acts centered around the songs of the Beatles.
The good: Well, what can I say, it's Cirque du Soleil, after all. This company holds the reputation for being THE best there is in terms of artistic acrobatics. Anyone who begs to differ deserves a quick pop to the mouth. Everything was just beautiful. The songs were classics. I liked that they channeled the more artistic side instead of just twirling and stunting around with just the songs in the background. They really centered the performance around the lyrics of the songs. My favorite: "Something"....the ballad was perfection in itself. Four (gorgeous) ladies with long flowing hair and white gauzy leotards swayed back and forth from wires toward a man in center stage trying to catch them. It was slow and poetic and those girls moved with such breathtaking grace I was almost moved to tears.
The bad: The price. At 165 a pop plus taxes and fees, we thought we were getting the prime seating in the auditorium. BUT, the place was small enough that you got a really great view from every seat in the house. So if you go, unless you really really want to, opt for the tickets that run from 105 each and still be equally satisfied. Another thing, my sis was a little confused as she tried to make sense of the "storyline." Really, although there is a theme (duh, LOVE) there is not one plot. If you try to intellectualize it, I promise you when "Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds" butts up against "Octopus' Garden"....you WILL be confused.
Tips: Buy your concessions elsewhere. Given, everywhere in Vegas will end up costing you your first-born, but they'll ask for the rest of the brood as well if you try to purchase a soda from the Beatles Concessions.
Next on my agenda as I will be returning to Sin City at least two more time this year....watch "O" at the Bellagio. (It was sold out when we went.)
Another to cross off the list. I am on a roll, people!









0 comments:
Post a Comment