This vacation rental has got to be the best little house we could ever find. Initially, we were looking at houses at Cannon Beach until L decided he wanted a place more remote and removed from the tourist flock. We went through Oregon Beach Vacations on the internet and picked this little beauty in the more quiet Rockaway Beach, about 20 miles south of Cannon Beach. At first, I was reluctant to veer from the artsy town up north...but now that we're here...L's decision was the right one. The unit we chose is a duplex on the beachfront. And when I say beachfront...I mean beachFRONT. You open the sliding glass door in the back and step down from the Trex deck and you are there in the sand. The unit's named Sand Dune, and it was cute to be welcomed into the house with this sweet sign hanging in the foyer.
This is the great room. All those windows and that glass door look out onto an unobstructed view of the Pacific Ocean. The floors are tiled (I love it so much, I want to tile my kitchen with the same materials). Everything in the place looks like something I would have put together. This definitely isn't an old run down beach house.
The master bedroom had a queen sized bed with a master bathroom with double pedestal sinks. They had a small pantry upstairs in the great room full of board games for the family. Downstairs in the laundry room (front loaders with supplied laundry soap) there is a full-sized pantry stocked with sand toys, croquet, horsheshoes, and volleyball sets, kites, and skimboards.









0 comments:
Post a Comment