Thursday, June 11, 2009

Cattle Farms and Tornadoes

Yesterday, Fam Och trekked across the blandest most desolate stretch of I-80 across Wyoming to visit relatives in Sidney, Nebraska. To throw a pinch of excitement into this yawn of a road trip, the whole expanse of road east of Rawlins was smack dab in the middle of a festering storm ideal for those lovely weather anomalies called tornadoes.

Thankfully, we arrived into town late into the night unscathed with the aroma of cow dung hanging thickly in the air. Mmmmmmm. There ain 't nothing like this inky dinky little town.

As quiet as this place is, it's still quite nice seeing old relatives again (L's side of the Fam). Tomorrow, if the weather cooperates, we'll take a quick trip to South Dakota to snap pics of the kids in front of Mount Rushmore.

I apologize these posts have been below par of late...It's been a heck of a reunion with lots of adjustments and family and seksi (TMI) time going on. This is going to be a crazy next couple of months with numerous plans throughout the summer. I promise every now and again, I'll force myself to turn my brain on to tap a more sufficient entry. But for now, expect to see more pictures of this trip and the following one next week to the beach house in Oregon.

0 comments: