I loved this.
"There was a time when he woke gently, rising through the layers of his own soft darkness until his consciousness emerged, whole and round and perched on the radiant horizon of his day."
A story of a man coping with the tragic loss of his wife while raising their young son, a woman struggling to find her feet in an unhappy marriage, and the eventual occurence of their worlds colliding. There was so much quiet anguish on each page, I could feel my heart breaking with each word. I almost quit on this novel, thinking it was too sad. (I like happy endings.) But I saw it through and although the ending isn't the conventional loose strings being tied deal, I still felt satisfied at how it came about. I don't want to give too much away, it really is worth your time to witness what happens.
Sunday, September 26, 2010
New Read
Posted by
Team Och
at
8:29 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)









0 comments:
Post a Comment