Monday, August 23, 2010

First Day


Oh, it just breaks my heart. Countless times I have prayed inwardly for these three to all be old enough to be at school just so I can get a measly little break. I got one today...I don't know if I'm as happy as I thought I would be.
I remember, for each of them, the very instant I laid eyes on them. Soft downy hair, teeny tiny little fingers and perfect little toes, that tender soft spot on top of their heads...and that unmistakeable sweet baby scent. I remember how protective I felt, knowing instantly I would take a bullet for them no questions asked. I remember how helpless they looked. And now, well...now they are picking what to wear, laughing at inside jokes they share between them, and going off to school. *sigh* What was I thinking wanting to grow up so fast?

0 comments: