(60) Complete a backyard makeover.
I really should have taken a "before" picture to achieve the full effect of how much was actually done to improve our backyard. But, honestly, I was embarrassed to even look at the mess of a yard that was, so picture-taking was out of the question.
Many of you have seen the pics I had posted on FB. But I needed to post this as an official way to cross it off my LIST.
Phase One:
We hired a company to hand-weed our lawn, tear down the big playground, and do all the necessary spring clean-up.
Phase Two:
We hired another guy, independent of a landscaping company this time around, to rip out the grass for the flower beds we marked with spray paint along the fence line.
Phase Three:
Tilled soil pep to the thick clay of the flower beds, purchase plants and trees in accordance to a landscape plan drafted by yours truly, and planted them.
Phase Four:
Hired a curbing company to install stamped concrete curbing.
Phase Five:
Repair deck steps and clean/stain/seal it.
Phase Six:
Install new playground area and fill with mulch (thus eliminating the swamp in the corner)
Phase Seven: Build pergola
I simply set up a raised bed garden kit I purchased from Walmart for twenty bucks and instead of setting it up in a perfect circle like advertised, I shaped it into a kidney bean shape to better blend into the rest of the landscaping.









0 comments:
Post a Comment